Requirements for Use
We would advise following a few basic installation tips to ensure success. To set up your POS terminal, your location will need to do the following:
- Make sure there are two ethernet lines connected per POS station
- Plug one into the POS itself;
- and the other should be plugged into a pin debit device
- Charge the UPC power battery for a minimum of 8 hrs. prior to setup
Point-of-Sale Set Up
- Unbox your terminal and set it up in the appropriate location.
- Remove the side cover
- Press the button on the back of the side cover and gently release and remove the cover at an angle
- Plug in the ethernet (LAN) cable into the applicable port located below the USB 3.0 (blue USB) ports
Once connected, power up your POS terminal and reach out to the Deployment team. The Deployment team will then remotely access your POS to confirm network connectivity. Once they have confirmed connectivity, they will begin loading all necessary scripts and compliance requirements that have been established during the onboarding process as well as making sure that the system itself is fully up to date.
Peripherals Set Up
Next you will need to follow the steps included in these articles to set up your cash drawer, printer, and scanner.
- How do I connect Dauntless Retail (Korona) POS to my cashier drawer?
- How do I connect Dauntless Retail (Korona) POS to my receipt printer?
- How do I connect Dauntless Retail (Korona) POS to my 2D Scanner?
Once everything has been set up and connected you will want to put the POS cover back on and plug it into a surge protected power outlet.
- Press Power button
- Once the POS Login screen appears. Log on using code one (1).
If you have additional question or concerns about how to set up your Dauntless POS terminal, please feel free to reach out to our Client Engagement team directly via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 206-494-3338 ext. 1 for further assistance.