Disclaimer: This guide provides processes based on the default Retail setup. This system is highly customizable, and buttons or features may have been changed by an authorized cloud-user. You can request a Word version of this document to update and align with your business customizations
How to complete a return
Dauntless/KORONA.pos offers multiple ways to handle returns depending on the situation..
We recommend keeping this guide handy until you’re a confident user or for training new employees.
Budtenders without Return Permissions
- Request manager approval for the return according to your store policy. If management approves, Utilize the Cashier Quick Change and Revision Function (Button is normally Called Management Override).
- The logged in budtender taps “Management Override”, this will log the budtender out and move their login to the right side of the screen.
- The Manager logs in and then scans mgr qr code, taps the revision button and the system logs them out.
- The budtender taps their name on the right hand side and now the cashier is logged in with mgr functionality and can void (can only be used if the End of Day has not completed for that day) or return the transaction.
- The Mgr should remain with the POS until that transaction is complete, tap cashier log out which revokes the revision permission and then the budtender may log back in.
- By pressing the Return Page button and scanning or entering the receipt number.
- Adding items to a new receipt and using the Return button.
|Note: If the customer does not have a receipt and/ or do not remember exactly what was ordered than the receipt archive button function can be used to search for the receipt.|
With a Receipt
- When a customer comes back with his receipt to return either all or only a part of it, a return can be initiated by pressing the Return Page button. First, enter the receipt number or scan the receipt number. The receipt can either be scanned to search for, or the number hand keyed. Once the receipt number is entered you will be brought to a screen that lists them items from that receipt.
- Select the appropriate items and quantity of items that are going to be returned using the plus and minus keys within this page. Once the selection for return has been completed press Return of Goods, to continue the return.
- If this is just a return, press the Total button to finish the refund. At the payment selection screen, select the payment type for which the refund will be processed, and press enter.
- If the transaction is an exchange, or the customer chooses to purchase more items, enter them in as you normally would and then press Total. On the payment screen, the POS will show the difference due, either in the form of a refund to the customer or payment due from the customer.
Without a Receipt
Items can be returned without a receipt if your store policy allows. Simply enter the items you would like to return to the POS and press the Return button. The total owed will now show a negative number as this is the money due back to the customer. This also adds a ‘signature‘ line as well as a ‘reason‘ line. If you touch the return button by mistake you must cancel the entire receipt, because if you only cancel the items, the signature and reason lines will still appear on the receipt.
If you have any additional questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to our Client Engagement team directly via email at email@example.com or call 206-494-3338 ext. 1 for further assistance.